1. The seller guarantees that the puppy is in good health (minus potential intestinal parasites) and has received/will receive the following:
a. Age-appropriate immunizations
2. The seller provides warranty against debilitating congenital defects for a period of FIVE (5) years after the date of sale.
a. Debilitating congenital defects are defined as those present since birth that are life-threatening.
b. Any suspected debilitating congenital defect must be confirmed by a licensed veterinarian (including necropsy if patient dies).
i. Buyer must supply any requested veterinary records related to condition to the seller within seven days of diagnosis.
ii. Seller has the right to require a second opinion from a veterinarian and/or veterinary specialist of the seller’s choice at the seller’s expense.
iii. If necropsy is performed and results in undetermined or inconclusive diagnosis, warranty is void.
c. If congenital defect is identified within warranty period the buyer has the option to obtain a replacement puppy of equal or lesser value from the next available litter.
i. Original puppy need not be returned provided there is proper documentation of congenital issue.
ii. Breeder determines which puppy (of equal or lesser value) will be used as a replacement and the wait could be up to 6-12 months.
iii. Color or sex is not guaranteed
iv. Shipping fees will not be refunded, and any costs associated with shipping replacement puppy are to be covered by buyer.
d. If the puppy is euthanized or in any way disposed of, without a second opinion from the seller’s veterinarian, the buyer waives all rights to a replacement puppy.
e. This warranty does not include viral illnesses, infections, improper bites, stress related illness, hernias, hypoglycemia, parasites (including Giardia or Coccidiosis), cancer or endocrine disorders. It also does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals, or physical injury.
f. No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this contract except as stated.
g. This warranty is non-transferable.
3. It is to be clearly understood, that the Breeder does NOT, under any circumstances, accept responsibility for any veterinarian and/or health care expense.
1. The buyer agrees to pay seller a total sum of $ 1,800.00 for limited registration, which doesn’t include shipping.
2. If approved for full breeding rights by the breeder, buyer agrees to pay $500.00 for full AKC registration.
3. The buyer bears all costs relating to the sale of the above animal, including transportation. The risk of loss or injury to the above animal is always on the buyer after the puppy leaves the seller.
4. The buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within three business days of taking possession.
a. If the puppy is found to be in poor health, the buyer has the option of returning the puppy to the seller, at buyer’s cost, for a full refund.
b. The buyer will provide a written statement from a licensed veterinarian clearly stating defect or illness.
c. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed veterinarian within the three business days, the health warranty is void.
d. Please ensure that the puppy is kept in a kennel or held in the waiting room of a veterinary office, and that exam room is properly disinfected before appointment.
e. Do not let puppy walk on the floor in the veterinary office and ensure the room was cleaned prior to putting your puppy on the table. I recommend bringing a clean towel or blanket with you.
5. The buyer is responsible for all medical expenses associated with the treatment of intestinal parasites if puppy is diagnosed with them.
a. It is common for puppy parasites to flourish after joining their new family (stress and change accommodate this).
b. Most parasites can be contagious, and it is possible that other dogs in the house can get them.
c. Do not let your other dogs eat the puppy’s feces and clean it up immediately using proper cleaning chemicals.
6. The buyer agrees to provide the best possible care for their puppy. This includes but is not limited to:
a. Housing the puppy indoors
b. Feeding only a premium quality complete food intended for dogs
c. Maintaining their puppy at a healthy weight
d. Having their poodle examined by a licensed veterinarian annually
e. Keeping all immunizations current according to the guidelines of the American Veterinary Medical Association
f. Administering heart worm/flea/tick preventative medication (if living in an area of concern)
g. Installation and registration of tracking microchip
7. The seller highly recommends providing basic obedience training with the puppy within the first year of owning the dog.
8. The buyer agrees to postpone strenuous forced exercise until after their puppy is over one year of age (80% of hip dysplasia is caused by improper exercise. This includes running with your puppy, biking, treadmills, using stairs to exercise, strenuous hikes, etc.).
9. The buyer agrees to contact seller immediately if the buyer determines they are unable to keep their puppy for any reason. The buyer and seller will determine how the dog will be rehomed.
10. The buyer agrees to never place their puppy with a rescue group, in a shelter, pound, or similar facility or research laboratory.
11. Please send me updates, as your pup grows, that I can share on social media and my website.
Spay and Neuter Contract:
*Note: If Full Breeding Rights Addendum is attached and signed, then this “Spay and Neuter Contract” is null and void.
1. Spaying/neutering by a licensed, reputable veterinarian is required on the above puppy by 18 months of age and no earlier than 12 months. Ovary sparing/Gonad sparing surgeries may be done earlier.
a. Proof of this, in the form of a Certificate of Spay/Neuter from the Veterinarian, must be forwarded to seller by the time the puppy reaches 20 months of age.
b. If seller does not receive this within this time, this contract will become null and void.
2. It is understood that this puppy is not to be used for breeding. It is a representation of its breed, and it is structurally and temperamentally suited for a companion and/or working dog. It is being sold on limited AKC registration, without breeding rights. If it is found that this puppy/dog was used for breeding without breeding rights, this contract is null and void, and seller has a right to confiscate this dog and any puppies that resulted or proceeds from puppy sales. In addition, a fee of $5,000.00 & all associated court costs are to be paid to the seller by buyer. The fine will be $10,000 plus associated court costs to be paid to seller by buyer if this pup was used for breeding doodles or merle poodles. If this buyer sells or gives this pup to another breeder, especially a doodle or merle breeder, the original buyer of this pup will incur the same fines mentioned above.
I (We) acknowledge that I (We) have read, understand, and agree to the conditions of this sales, health, and spay/neuter agreement. I(We) understand by signing this agreement it becomes a binding contract, entered into and interpreted by the laws of the state of Iowa.